Tuesday, August 12, 2008

HOSPICE CAREGIVING AND DYING AT HOME

I share this experience in hope should you stumble on my blog it can be help to you and your loved one.

Brenda was a CNA and licensed Home Health Care worker. She was a paid employee to help with hospice patients dying at home. When we started hospice she told me "I should know how to do this". I told her no one could possibly know "how to do this".

The caregiver will be unique individuals with personal strength and weakness. The dying are individuals with personal strength and weakness also. What I'm trying to say is your experience, my experience, and circumstances will be different.

I see only three reasons to sign up for hospice and die at home. There may be more reasons. Remember, please, this is our experience I'm sharing.
  1. Love
  2. Emotion
  3. Finances
Brenda and I signed up for hospice because of love and emotion. I cannot say this was right or wrong but I can say because of these reasons I was blind, or better said unaware of what was to come.

I was 17 yrs old when our Mom passed in a hospital while I held her hand. I was 42 yrs old when our Dad passed in a hospital while I held his hand. I really thought at 55 yrs old and these two experiences I was prepared for my final loss. I was wrong! Very wrong!

I'm not finished....I question if I'll ever finish blogging about this. There is so much for me to process as our journey began and ended.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats! What a relief wew! Yeah! Upward and onward!!! Here's to health and happiness. You deserve it. :)
**01**Meditation uk
**02** Green Tea Tips *
**03**Mental depressed *